Tuesday, May 24

Sweet Honey Cornbread

On Sunday I was having one of those days where I really wanted a little something sweet but had nothing in the cupboards and didn't really feel like baking anything too exciting ...

So what was a girl to do?

Well, I opened my notebook and started flipping through to find the easiest and fastest recipe I could find! I decided on Sweet Honey Cornbread; it was perfectly baked, served warm with a little butter and a drizzle of molasses.


Sweet Honey Cornbread

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees, lightly grease a 9x9inch pan
  • In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients; Add cream, oil, honey, and eggs, stir to combine. Pour batter into pan.
  • Bake for 20 to 25 minutes

It's so easy and delicious ... There's no reason why you can't make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment